The DCI (Division of Criminal Information) is run by six DCI clerks that work 24-hours a day, seven days a week, and 365 days a year.
The main responsibilities of DCI clerks include:
- Entering lost and stolen property into NCIC (National Criminal Information Center)
- Entering missing and wanted persons into NCIC
- Forming criminal histories for investigative purposes
- Act as a point of contact/ liaison for the court systems and other law enforcement agencies
- Process, enter and remove warrants from NCIC
- Provide sensitive information to officers on the street