The Wilmington Police Department is very concerned with the issue of Domestic Violence and has implemented the following procedures to help:
- WPD has assigned a detective to investigate these crimes so that the offenders are successfully prosecuted.
- Our detective works within the District Attorney’s Office.
- The detective follows up on all domestic violence incidents reported to the Wilmington Police Department.
- They review all cases that uniformed patrol officers have responded to, as well as investigating domestic violence issues that were not previously reported to police.
- Aways call 911 when there is an emergency.
- If you are/were a victim of domestic violence, and would like to speak with our domestic violence detective about your situation, whether you reported the incident or not, please contact the appropriate investigator on the right-side of your screen.
Important Contact Numbers
Domestic Violence Detective - 910.772.6944
Another resource for Domestic Violence Victims is the Domestic Violence Shelter, and they can be reached at 910.343.0703.
In case of emergency, please call 911.