If you have information about pollution being spilled, dumped or discharged into the stormwater drainage system, which includes storm drains, ditches, swales, creeks, lakes, ponds, streets, or directly into a waterway, please
Call the Stormwater Pollution Hotline 910.341.1020 or Report Online
When contacting us, leave as much information as possible:
- Date of Incident
- Time of Incident
- Source & Type of Pollution (if known)
- Responsible Party (if known)
- Your Contact Info**
*We cannot respond to reports for violations that occur outside the City limits.
**It is helpful to have your contact information in case we need to get more information or follow up with you about the report.
Examples of what you can report:
- Foam, bubbles, or a milky appearance in a ditch or waterway
- A strange odor coming from a storm drain
- Spilled or dumped auto fluids (motor oil, antifreeze, brake fluid, etc) or chemicals (paint, cleaners, etc) on the street or into a storm drain
- Wastewater piped to a creek or ditch (i.e. from a washing machine, floor drain)
- Washing equipment outdoors using chemicals
- Sediment flowing off a construction site
- Sewage spills should be reported immediately to the Cape Fear Public Utility Authority hotline - 910.332.6565
- *We cannot enforce pet waste complaints that occur on private property
You can also report the following activities to the State of NC:
- Littering: Use the Swat-A-Litterbug Form to report someone littering from a vehicle. (Your report is anonymous to the offender).
- Construction Site Erosion: Call 1.866.STOPMUD to report violations to the State's Sediment & Erosion Control laws at construction sites.
Thank you for helping to protect Wilmington's waterways!