The recycling schedule map displays the general areas where recycling is collected from City of Wilmington solid waste customers. Recycling is collected every other week on the customer’s established trash collection day. Download the City's solid waste recycling collection calendar or request through customer service. Recycling through the city’s services are only available to City of Wilmington solid waste customers. Typically, multi-family, institutional and commercial entities as well as single-family residences on private streets contract with private haulers for both trash and recycling service. If you have any questions, please call City of Wilmington solid waste customer service at 910.341.7875.
What can I recycle?
- Aluminum cans
- Glass bottles and jars
- Tin and steel cans
- Newspaper, including all inserts
- Mixed plastic containers identified with #1 - #7 on the container's bottom
- Rigid plastic (Ex. laundry baskets and plastic tubs)
- Mixed paper, including magazines and junk mail
- Catalogs (under 2 inches thick)
- Cardboard boxes(flatten first)
- Cereal and food boxes
- Gabled drink containers, juice boxes, carton drinks
- File folders and computer paper
- Metal pots and pans without plastic handles
- Electronics Recycling
- Fluorescent Light Recycling
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Prescription Medicine
- Plastic Bags and Film
The City’s recycling program is a voluntary curbside collection program.
- Recycling is provided as part of your trash collection, at no additional charge. To sign up, call 910.341.7875.
- Recycling is collected is on the same day as trash pick up, but on a bi-weekly collection schedule.
- Place your recycling bin in the right-of-way by 7:30 a.m. and remove it as soon as possible once it is emptied.
- Do not put anything in your recycling bin that is not recyclable.
- Rinse out the items before placing them in your recycling bin.
- Lids and caps are acceptable recycling items.
- Please flatten any cardboard boxes.
Residents who are not city trash customers may use the recycling drop-off centers located throughout the county. For location information, visit the New Hanover County Department of Environmental Management web page or call 910.798.4400.
Recycling Items Video