UPCOMING HOLIDAY PICKUP SCHEDULES:
- Collection services will run as normal for this week as Christmas Day falls on a Wednesday (there are no services in operation on Wednesdays).
- The office will be closed on Tuesday, December 24th and Wednesday, December 25th. The office will be open until Noon on Thursday, December 26th
DOWNTOWN (BAG) COLLECTION
- Services will not be available on Wednesday, December 25th.
- The regular schedule will resume on Thursday, December 26th.
New Year's Day -
- Collection services will run as normal for this week as New Year's Day falls on a Wednesday (there are no services in operation on Wednesdays).
- The office will be closed on Wednesday, January 1st.
*** Please observe when the office will be closed, and schedule your bulky pickups accordingly.
DO YOU WANT TO SAVE MONEY?
The City of Wilmington Recycling & Trash Services Division is dedicated to environmental stewardship and fiscal responsibility. It is with these directives in mind that we employ a "Pay as you Throw" services strategy. This tiered service and cost structure will allow all City residents to pay less money for sending less waste to the New Hanover County Landfill. This can be accomplished by switching to a smaller 35 gallon trash cart and using the "no charge" large 95 gallon recycle cart (collected every other week). The cost for the 35 gallon residential trash cart service is $21.36 per month while the 90 gallon residential trash cart service is $26.29 per month. Switching to the smaller 35 gallon trash container can currently save you $4.93 per month! That's almost $60 a year; AND you're helping to divert waste from the landfill to the recycling processor where it can be reused! Win/Win!! Please call us at 910-341-7875 to make the NO CHARGE switch. We will have your smaller trash/larger recycle cart(s) delivered to you, your large trash cart picked up, and start saving you money!
Residential Trash Service
To sign up for service or for questions about your bill, call the Cape Fear Public Utility Authority at 910.332.6550.
Yard Waste Service
Yard waste is collected once a week on the same day as your trash collection as part of your regular service. We are not able to pick up contractors' work. Please click the link below for detailed information about preparation of the debris we are able to collect.
City of Wilmington trash customers can participate in the recycling program at no charge! Call 910.341.7875 to sign up today!
Bulky Item Service
Bulky items such as appliances, electronics, and furniture are collected at no additional charge as part of your regular trash service by appointment only.
Central Business District
Residents and commercial establishments in the downtown business district can elect trash collection ranging from 2 times a week to twice a day, seven times per week. In the central business district, trash bags are used instead of carts. Find out more about trash collection in the Central Business District.