Special Olympics New Hanover County provides year-round sports training, competition, social events, and the Camp Shriver summer camp for people ages 8 and older with intellectual disabilities.
Note: due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns, all activities and programs for Special Olympics NHC have been cancelled until further notice.
Questions? Please call 341.7253 or email
More than 600 athletes participate in Special Olympics New Hanover County. The program relies on private and corporate support as well as the efforts of over 300 volunteers. These services are provided at no cost to the athletes or their families.
SPRING SPORT PROGRAMS
Participants are required to attend all practices and have updated medical forms on file to be eligible to compete in the state level competition. State Games are held in Raleigh, NC May 29st-May 31st.
- Bowling: Wednesday afternoons at Cardinal Lanes 3:30 p.m.- 530 p.m. practices begin March 4.
- Swimming: Tuesday evenings 6:30 p.m. – 8 p.m. at the YWCA pool.
- Power Lifting: You must pre-register by calling 910-341-7253.
- Softball: Tuesday evenings 6 p.m.- 7:30 p.m. at the MLK Center, 401 S. 8th St. in Wilmington.
Street, practice begins March 3rd. **location might change
- Gymnastics: Sunday afternoons at Gymnastics Unlimited.
Boys Practice 2 p.m. - 3 p.m. Girls Practice 330 p.m.- 4:30 p.m.
- Cheerleading: Thursday evenings at the Northside Church from 5:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m.
- Volleyball: Wednesday evenings 6 p.m.
- Track and Field Day (adults) - April 23 at Ashley High School
- Track & Field Day (schools) - April 24 at Ashley High School
Now Registering for Summer Camp!
5:30 PMStress Management Workshop